Monday, August 3, 2009

Filling a First Apartment with Love and Style!

I've been spending a lot of time helping my daughter furnish her first apartment. She has her own ideas and tastes, not necessarily what I would choose, but some of her style is growing on me. We have been really doing some bargain-hunting to make her place look great on a college student's budget!

We've made great discoveries in some of the local re-sale shops, like these candlesticks. Very ornate and they are in like-new condition!


These mirrors are the perfect size to hang together on one wall in the bedroom. They are from a re-sale shop too! The mirror came off one of them, but she was able to glue it back on.

This gorgeous lamp was on sale at Hancock's! I think we paid about $35 for it.



And finally from another re-sale shop, these cool wall plaques with a beautiful aged relief pattern and fleur de lis!
All told, I was out less than $70 that day for these finds and I think they will make a great statement of her style. Now, if I can get finished with the throw pillows, pillow shams and curtains she has requested, she will be all set! I'll post photos of the finished room soon.
Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment