Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Atlanta in Five Days or Less!

I've just returned from a quick trip to Atlanta to visit family. We had so much fun, just shopping, seeing the sites and eating great food!
I visited IKEA for the first time. This is a great store for people starting out in their first home! They have virtually everything you need and lots of fun fabric choices!
After IKEA, we shopped and had dinner at Atlantic Station, a fairly new development in Atlanta with a mix of mid-range and upscale housing along with plenty of varied shopping and dining choices.
We visited "Z Gallery" and "West Elm" among some other shops!
After a few days of endless shopping, we decided to get away from the hustle and bustle, so we drove up to Blue Ridge, GA and took the scenic Blue Ridge Railway ride. Located in the Chattahoochee National Forest, the railway starts off in a quaint little town full of antique shops and meanders along the Toccoa River.

The weather was unseasonably cool for Georgia in July, and the train ride was a relaxing break from the busy pace we'd been keeping for most of the trip.


It's so invigorating to just get away for a few days! We had a great time and a fun visit with family. Must do it again soon!

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE Atlanta. I've spent time downtown and in the Buckhead area...some great restaurants. Glad you had a great time......! I agree, it's so great to just get away from time to time. I have that opportunity when I go first my two daughters who live in two different states.

    ReplyDelete