Monday, August 17, 2009

To the Emerald City!

I attended a lovely wedding this past weekend. In place of the traditional Bridal March, the bride's entrance was accompanied by the playing of "Over The Rainbow." It was beautiful and it made me nostalgic for one of my favorite movies of all time. I found some wonderful things on Etsy while searching for "The Wizard of Oz"!



I love this limited edition art print by Robert David Bretz! It can be found in the Etsy shop, PaintAllNightStudios.




This primitive hand-painted sign from SawdustNStitches takes you back to a simpler time, and of course, to a place that is "over the rainbow"!



I always loved Glinda, The Good Witch, and imagined her as my very own godmother! This cross stitch pattern is available from Glenniz on Etsy.


These finger puppet characters from Weeknit are so cute, and would provide lots of storytelling fun!

I think it's time to schedule a family movie night and watch this wonderful classic again!



2 comments:

  1. What fun ideas, thanks for sharing. I found you on Etsy too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi,

    It's my favourite movie, for several reasons that I could name, but now I don't feel like it :-)

    Kind regards,

    José

    ReplyDelete