Monday, May 4, 2009

Let's Celebrate!






Happy Cinco De Mayo!












It's not actually Mexican Independence Day, but a holiday that commemorates the Mexican army's defeat of French forces at the Battle of Puebla on May 5, 1862. Americans have taken to celebrating this holiday, enjoying traditional Mexican foods and participating in parades and other activities on the Fifth of May!


I love Mexican food and this is just a great excuse to plan a fiesta, complete with chicken enchiladas, tacos, stuffed jalapenos, salsa, chips and guacamole! I like to use chipotle peppers in mole sauce in place of taco sauce. The spicier it is, the more I love it. But, to keep from going overboard with the heat, here is the Scoville Heat Chart, which shows the heat factor of various peppers. My family will thank me for not scorching their taste buds!



No comments:

Post a Comment