Thursday, May 21, 2009

Faith and The Artist!

I've been reading "Walking on Water; Reflections on Art and Faith" by Madeleine L'Engle. It is described as a collection of the author's meditations on the nature of art and its relation to faith.
L'Engle feels that talking about her art and talking about her Christian faith are one and the same.
"It means attempting to share the meaning of my life, what gives it, for me, its tragedy and its glory. It is what makes me respond to the death of an apple tree, the birth of a puppy, northern lights shaking the sky, by writing stories."
This is a remarkable and thought-provoking book that is best read a little at a time and reflected upon before moving on. It is an inspirational look at the creative process and how the artist's spiritual self shines through his or her creations!
This is a book I will be reading again!

No comments:

Post a Comment